<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 01, 2006

OK, so Mexico City is awesome, but Mexico City also bites. It’s hard to be away from home, friends, church and have to make/not make friends with 30 new students (and those are just the people from Northwestern.) It’s easy to feel lonely, even though I’m so much less alone than I was in Uganda – I mean, there’s a friendly English speaker sleeping four feet away from me. (Of course she might not appreciate it if I woke her up.) (BadumCRASH – ok that didn’t really deserve a rimshot.) In Uganda, I would look forward to talking with other Americans all week, at least until I made deeper friendships with likeminded Ugandans. Here, I’m surrounded by them, and I still have the awkward, lost feeling of New Student Week as a freshman. I don’t know where I fit in, and I don’t like being at the don’t-know-where-I-fit-in stage at this point in my life. Doesn’t it end at some point?



Comments:
Sweet! Comments!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?