<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 21, 2007

I am sitting in this coffee shop. There is an old man I know in here. His name is Tom, he comes every day around this time.

Sometimes I walk by his apartment and jazz is playing very loud.

He just came over and talked about the philosopher he's reading.

Sometimes I feel suffocated by this neighborhood and all these people. I live in an urban semi-village, or something like it. I can't walk outside my door without running into four or five people I know.

This makes me feel crazy some days. I think, I have only been here for five years and I already know so many people. And I'm meeting new people every day! Sometimes I think I should move away just so I can get some mental space and not feel bad because I should be calling so and so, keeping in touch with blah. Facebook baffles me: why would you want to put even more energy into a completely different network of relationships? Who has that kind of time?

On the other hand, on other days (like today) I feel incredibly grateful that anyone else will talk to me. It is good to be recognized by other humans.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?